Tuesday 26 October 2010

Non, Je ne regrette rien...

As a continuation to my recent post "Can Autumn Last Forever?" , I would like to add the final and closing chapter. The post was written when I was feeling particularly vulnerable and sorry for myself; not the two best sentiments when trying to write anything sensible, I know.  The chapter is best described by the inimitable Edith Piaf with the song that still makes the hair on my body (and that's quite a lot - see my post "Naked Ape") stand to attention. Now before you all start insinuating that considering the great Edith Piaf died in 1963, I must therefore be extremely old, I will step in and put you right. I may not be the youngest blogger in blogosphere but definitely not the oldest either.

Although the great song was released before that fateful night when a combination of drink and the right time of the month resulted in me, it has been pulling my heartstrings ever since I first heard it, around age 9.  I could just about make sense of the title, when translated by my mum, but it meant more than the lyrical content. Much much more. The haunting melody and sublime voice, are what etched my young mind forever. Thank you for the "etching" Edith, and R.I.P Little Sparrow. x



Awesome or what!   I digress - back to my Autumn post. Due to the then dubious state of mind of yours truly, I didn't mention anything about my beloved gf Madeleine. Of course I should have!  I met her during that time and am eternally grateful for it. I dread to think what it would be like if she wasn't here. My feelings for Madeleine are mentioned in my previous post "Gratitude Attitude" . Anyway, as further good measure, here are the Google translated lyrics, and therefore, final chapter of my Autumn post:

No! Absolutely nothing
No! I regret nothing
Neither the good done to me
Nor any evil I do not care!

No! Absolutely nothing
No! I regret nothing

It is paid, swept away, forgotten
But I care about the past!

With my memories
I lit the fire
My sorrows, my pleasures
I no longer need them!

Scanned loves
And all their tremors
Swept away forever
I start from scratch


No! Absolutely nothing
No! I regret nothing
Because my life, because my joys
Today, it starts with you!

...until next time, Au Revoir  :) 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment