Wednesday 20 October 2010

Denial - more than just a river...

.
Yes, it is official, I am in denial! Yep, knee-deep in denial! “Paddling up-stream without a paddle” in denial…(‘nuff with the clichés)
But I must be in denial, hence my foolish humour and optimism when neither are justified!

Have I found a job? No.

Have I come across a stash of cash? No

Will I be affected by the savage spending cuts announced by parliament today? Yes.

Am I responsible in any way for the National debt? No

Should I pay for the National debt? No…but will anyway

So why the foolish joie de vivre?

I have been in a much better mood these last few days. I don’t know why, I can’t quite put my finger on it.

I guess the conclusion is I may not have a lot at the moment, but I do have my loved ones. Yes, my family, my children and my beloved Madeleine. I have just spent the last 20 mins talking on the phone to Mattie and that always cheers me up no end.

Madeleine.
 When I found "Ms Right" I didn't realize her middle name was "Always"
Ta -da !

See what I mean!  Unjustifiable humour. In a good mood again !

I'll sign off with an American conundrum;

"Is it good if a vacuum cleaner really sucks?"

:)

1 comment:

  1. You're my Mr. Right too sweetie. Only your middle name is "Never" ;)

    xxo

    ReplyDelete