Tuesday 19 October 2010

always look on the bright side...

.
I won’t pretend that all’s well at the moment, because that would be an understatement. I am applying for jobs and most of the time not even receiving acknowledgement from the companies I contact. How despicably rude is that! The good thing is I’ll never have to work for those inconsiderate shitheads who don’t reply. The trouble with unemployment is that from the minute you wake up to when you go to sleep you're on the job, so to speak and doing nothing is a very hard thing to do as you never know when you’re finished!? Humnmm?!


OK, so things are about as crappy as can be without anyone dying, but, despite it all, I can’t help but remain positive. Never take life too seriously; after all, nobody ever gets out of it alive!

On a lighter note, I’ve nearly finished reading “The Greatest Show on Earth” by R Dawkins and will review it at a later date. Awesome book but also technical enough to make me read some passages over and over. I’ll never finish it at this rate! It’s like a never ending trip down déjà vu lane.

Talking of which, it reminds me of a funny incident recently when Madeleine went to the local bookshop to buy me the above book. It went something like this;

Madeleine: Excuse me, where’s the Self-Help section?
Saleswoman: If I told you it would defeat the purpose.

Ta-da!

I digress. I’m going to finish doing the gardening today (something to do). I started it yesterday afternoon and the front section is all but done. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. The next door neighbour asked me if he could use my lawn mower – I said of course, so long as you don’t take it out of my garden!

Ta-da !

Always look on the bright side of life, da da, da da da da da da…
.

1 comment:

  1. Something will come up soon Joe, and anyways, it's their loss

    ReplyDelete