Tuesday 7 September 2010

Can't see the wood for the trees...

Hello, I’m back after a short break (self-imposed exile) from all things computer!


Refreshed somewhat and glad to announce I have a second interview to attend, YEAHHH, another bite at the cherry, for the job I want so badly. I will let you know how it goes. I have that confident look, don’t I?
Seriously though, I am going through a difficult time, both emotional and financial. I am positive, that’s in my character, but I’m finding it harder and harder to put on a brave face lately. You see, I expected to return to the UK (my spiritual home) and immediately find work, accommodation etc. but it hasn’t quite worked out that way. The job situation is pretty dire at the moment, resulting in me getting only 2 interviews in as many months. The more interviews the better the chance of landing a job. The stress of the situation is getting to me and Madeleine. We are in urgent need of a place of our own, even though my relatives are doing all they can to make us feel comfortable. I thank them dearly for that. Anyway, no point harping on about it…
I also miss my regular weekend gigs at Moynihan's, the Irish bar in Madeira. I played there for two years and enjoyed every minute of it - especially when the place would fill up with friends and relatives.

Conclusion;  as above photo, but only temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment