Tuesday 22 November 2011

Premature, immature, call it what you will

and the cracks started to show...
My previous post had me questioning my actions of going public on blogger with my personal affairs, but I have since reached the conclusion that it was the right thing to do. Well, the right thing by me anyway, and that´s what counts. I knew there was no way back for us two and could therefore  report unhindered.

I am so convinced of the benefits of going public that I will continue to report on this subject matter until I see fit to stop.

This evening on my way home, I saw `someone´ walk arm in arm with what appeared to be a new boyfriend and I confess to feeling more uncomfortable than I would have liked. It actually hurt me to the core, even though we split up some 2 weeks ago and reconciliation was not an option. I suspected and questioned recently if there was someone else on the scene because of her relaxed and accepting attitude to our split-up. Anyway, to me it´s a case of "jumping from the frying pan into the fire".

Speaking from personal experience, I think it´s a terrible idea.  I undertand that it makes it much easier to cope with a break-up when a replacement shoulder-to-cry-on is found, but such action restricts and confuses the natural healing/re-adjustment process.

Surely everyone knows that. It is plain old common sense. Or is it?

Four years ago I started dating `someone´ a month or so after breaking up with Sarah and have always regretted getting involved so soon. I believe to this day that I confused the warm feeling of comfort in someones arms with that of being in love. As a result, the new relationship started off on the wrong footing and, lets be honest, with the wrong person. It was an awkward, argumentative and volatile relationship that never got any easier. I´m amazed it lasted 4 years. That must be down to both of us being stubborn as mules. Everyone else could see then the obvious flaws with our partnership; everyone except me.

Experience comes with living, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes. What `someone´ is doing now is what I once did and have lived to regret.  I guess `someone´ needs to learn from her own mistakes.

Cases like these convince me that experience beats youth, any day.

As Forrest once said and I quote "life´s like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get..."

:(

2 comments:

  1. I've often wondered about whether I should post aspects of my personal life online. Especially parts of my life that weren't my finest hour (or year, in some cases). But part of life is regret. Anyone who hasn't experienced that, hasn't really lived. There's a line, both fine and fuzzy, between recounting your experience within the context of what your writing about, and too much information. I must admit that I'm still figuring that one out. In the end, I suppose that in order to be found credible on a subject, it's best to be honest about one's own experience in regard to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louis, thank you for your comment. As usual, it is carefully thought out, precise and thoughtful. That´s why I like your blog so much. Presently I think it is better to be as open as possible but who knows, I may change my mind in the future. Thanks again Louis

    ReplyDelete