Monday 25 February 2013

Like Tears in The Rain




Last night as I lay in bed, memories of a time gone by entered my head. And then I wrote this poem:

***

Like Tears in the Rain

Back in time, when love was our bond
we'd plan trips to places neither of us had been
And we'd laugh and cry, but most of the time
we were somewhere in between

One Autumn evening, I witnessed our fall
and all our plans oozed down the drain
Sentiments that were meant to last forever
were washed away, like tears in the rain

:(

8 comments:

  1. Poignant.

    There's something delicious in heartache...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I detect a mood of melancholy Joe. Lost love is a terrible thing. A hole in the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Dicky, but...better to have than to have not?... :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah. But it's still a hole in the soul. There are things that will never be the same again. Eeeks :p

      Delete
    3. Time will heal the wound Jaya, of that I am certain

      Delete
  3. Ah unrequited love...beautifull captured in this poem Joe.

    ReplyDelete