Sunday 24 February 2013

Gratitude is the saving grace





Life is wonderful.

Second only to my family and friends, life is the most precious gift.

Nature has been kind to me. My genetic replication has had few glitches along the way; none serious enough to cause me health problems.

I am grateful.

I had the good fortune to be born to parents who loved and nurtured me, allowed and encouraged me to think for myself.

I am grateful.

I had the good fortune to be born into a society where I was free to express myself and question everything from injustice to religious beliefs.

I am grateful.

I have two sons and a daughter who have grown into the kind of wonderful human beings any father would be proud of.

I am grateful.

I have an older brother who loves me as I love him, who nurtured my talent for music and who still helps me for no recompense.

I am grateful

I have a father any son would wish to have. A man with the dignity, sense of responsibility and style I have always looked up to.

I am grateful.

I have an ex wife, mother of my first two, who still checks up on me, insists on helping and has the uncanny ability to know exactly what I'm in need of most.

I am grateful.

I have lost two beloved younger siblings, victims of  unforeseen and tragic accidents - but they were my loving brothers for so many years.

I am grateful.

I have lost my dear mother - but I will always have her with me, in my heart and mind, as a constant reminder of all that is good in humanity.

I am grateful.


I have numerous friends whose love and support have been a constant source of comfort through the good times and the not so good.

I am grateful.


I have shared most of my life with women who have taught me much, and, most importantly, allowed me to experience the immense pleasure and fulfilment of intimate love.

I am grateful.

Life is indeed wonderful...

...and I am eternally grateful.

:)

4 comments: