Sunday 15 July 2012

To my absent friends, with love

After reading a message on FB from a friend who has since moved away, I decided to dedicate this post to those special people who have touched my life and left unforgettable good  impressions.



Martin Uvgard: Singing partner and source of laughter

You have moved back home to Sweden, settled down and are now raising a family. I know you miss the old times, you've said so on FB. The music sessions in particular, and, I hazard a guess, the regular road trips. Your sense of humour, which I particularly liked, ensured laughter every time. Remember the "sweet potato" scene? I miss you, pal, hope to see you soon.

PS. Maybe a trip to Serra D'Agua Poncha Bar and a beer and song at Warm Up after?

Stefan Wiksten: Road trip and drinking buddy.

You have also moved on, back home, and I miss your company. You were always present at my gigs and always available for whatever was going down. Your ability to consume vast amounts of beer and always remain in control, inspired me. See you soon pal, and don't eat yellow snow!

PS:all the drinking establishments in Madeira (all 6000) send their kindest regards.

Keith Hazel: Bringer of peace and order.

It's been some years since we last shared a drink and a chat; you are in the UK and I'm here. Nonetheless, I know we will meet up again, some time, some place, and catch up on the gossip. Your kindness and understanding shone through, like beacons of hope in the darkest hours. See you soon

PS. Man U still sucks

David Meacock: The kindest person I've ever known.

We've been friends for many years, but fate has taken  us to different countries and different life styles.. You were my kindred spirit, my shoulder to cry on. We have the same sense of humour, based on  wit and observation and share the same desire of helping all those who are less fortunate than us. Empathy and humour you have in abundance. See you soon pal, and maybe a trip to Twynersh.

PS. Still the technophobe and the only person on earth without a FB account?


Darren Conolly: The bravest man I have ever met. RIP.

You were living under a death sentence from a crippling, inoperable  brain tumour, but still had more courage to confront everyday problems, than I ever will. The chemotherapy sessions left you so ill you could hardly talk for days at a time, but you wanted to come to work, as you said, for a laugh, but I knew you really just wanted to help me. Unlike the other names above, I have no chance of ever meeting you again, and that saddens me. You died so young, not even making it to thirty. Thank you pal, you were an inspiration, a beautiful person and I miss  you terribly.

PS. If only there was "the other side", we'd meet up again :(


And to other significant, absent  "friends":


L.M: If only...

T.O: Your sparkling beauty always lifts the gloom.

S.P: In my dreams we're still a couple.

M.B: Always on my mind. Jag älskar dig fortfarande.






And last, but not least, to my "absent" blog friends, whom I've got to know over the last two years through their writing and believe that if we ever meet up, we'll know so much about each other we'll all get on and have a great time.


 Hugs to ;  Momma C,  Dicky,  MC,  Angeline,  Jules,  Tempo,  Dan,  Kane,  Kelly


:)

10 comments:

  1. Hugs back at you! I have been absent, which bothers me a lot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but you're still around, and that's all that counts :)

      Delete
  2. Absent in more ways than one but I do plan to resume blogging! I'm so touched and I have thought before about how great it would be to come visit you. (Might have something to do with your glamorous location...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great if you could visit Angeline, but I know it's a heck of a distance to travel :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Joe. I feel the same too. I'm sure we would have been good friends in the real world too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear hear Dicky. I'm sure we will meet up sometime, someplace and have a drink and a chat :)

      Delete
  4. Ain't that the truth?

    I am missing some people as well...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pearl, I'm so sorry I forgot to mention you. It was accidental. I consider you a bloggy friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Amazing but so very true - I often think about Darren. Gone but certainly not forgotten

      Delete