Sunday 1 May 2011

It only took me a lifetime...

Last night's party at the bowling club went on till late...how late I can't remember. It was great to see the huge gathering of family and friends. Teresa combined her birthday with her wedding silver anniversary  and invited lots of people I hadn't seen in ages.

There were cousins, second-cousins, third-cousins and yes, even fourth-cousins!  If I ever do a family-tree it will need to be the size of a North American Redwood. 

I find it very comforting to be among relatives, especially when drink and food are available.

Of course the conversation eventually turned to religion and I can only apologise to those who had to endure hours of  debate on this most consuming of subjects.  Big hug to Tito, who, through no fault of his own, always gets embroiled in the religious debate. Well, he is a deacon so I guess he is used to it :)

I was asked the question by Michael "how could we come from a single-cell?" and somehow forgot to reply.

The answer is "I did, and it only took me a life-time to come from a single-cell" And the same applies to all life on the planet.

A big thank you to Teresa and Dennis.  Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment