Thursday 18 April 2013

Something I rarely do...

...is promote my music, but now that I've found an old CD of a song I wrote about 3 years ago - I've  decided to post it on YouTube.

It's a home recording, simple and unplugged, and it refers to the last stages of my relationship with Madeleine.

It was written around the time when she started telling me what I was thinking and predicting what I was about say.

The time when she started "Talking For Me"

A time when almost everyone around us could foresee our demise.

Everyone...but me.

whttp://youtu.be/eX81QPi2d_w



6 comments:

  1. What a fine piece of music! I have to admit I was too enamoured of those lovely, easy guitar chords to listen to the words, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment GB. I'm touched. It's not everyday one receives praise on one's music from a fine cultured ape such as yourself :)

      Delete
  2. I have left a comment on the video. Would have loved to have watched one evening and shared a drink afterwards. Maybe one day, we are not so old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old?!?! Never! We're just getting older - like everyone else - As for the drinks afterwards we'll have to arrange to meet up again. That 'olde' pub we visited must be wonderful when the weather allows the use of it's garden. Thanks for the comment on the video :)

      Delete
  3. A real joy to listen to your great composition. Enjoyed it very much. Sounded so professional, and the guitar was superb. Left a comment on youtube. I think it deserves a much wider audience.

    ReplyDelete