Or is it?
Reading MC's blog over at Divorcee's Life inspired me to put pen to paper, so to speak. Lately my mind has been blank, unable to write, but I hope to get back into it as soon as possible.
Blogging IS therapeutic. To me, anyway.
It's coming up to four months since I moved into my bachelor pad.
Four months of being single and carefree!
- of coming and going as I please, without worrying about someone else
- of reading in bed before sleep, as late as I like
- of leaving the toilet seat up without complaint
- of late, late nights at the musicians favourite haunt, The Warm Up Cafe
- of piling up dishes in the kitchen sink until I have absolutely nothing else to do
- of watching only my favourite TV programs, remote control in my pocket
Sounds great, doesn't it! I can imagine some of you reading this and feeling envious of my present situation. Of my new found freedom. Of my capacity to be myself, all by myself.
But...it's not all its cut out to be.
I may kid myself at times and celebrate my independence and freedom with the enthusiasm of a recently-released felon, but...
...the truth is I can't wait to meet someone special
- to fall head over heels in love again
- to share my life, my intimacy and my dreams
- to go to sleep and wake up next to her and start the day with a smile and a hug.
The good news is I know someone I'd love to get to know better and am working on it.
She also knows how I feel.
She is beautiful, smart and a musical talent.
I hope to publish her photo in a future post as soon as possible.
The fact she is presently dating someone else is neither here nor there. It won' put me off. It can't put me off -I'm getting the right kind of signals.
If it was easy it probably wouldn't be worth it.
Am I acting like a silly infatuated school boy? Honestly, at my age ! Will I ever grow up?
I hope not.
Off to see her now, gotta go. Bye for now!