Tuesday 22 June 2010

Estate Agents v Osama Bin Laden

...who is public enemy number 1 ?

...who is the bigger danger to society ?

That's a hard call, I know. I have had the displeasure of, once again, dealing with estate agents. This time, to try and find an apartment for M and I in an area we both like. Easy??? You would have thought so, but NO, not at all! It's turning into a nightmare! Estate agents advertise heavily on their web sites and local media. That's all ok but the trouble starts with their mis-information based advertising. Most (if not all) of the properties advertised have long gone! They cherry-pick the content on display in order to get you to contact them. They "scatter the bait" to get you "hooked". Once you make contact, they simply say "the apartment has just gone..,but we have others. Please come in and register...blah blah".

I am convinced there is a law against misleading advertising, I'll have to look into that.

Another injustice is their common practice of "I'll put your offer to the landlord", only to phone later and say the landlord is considering a higher offer and would I consider raising the offer also.!! The bare-faced cheek!

It's no wonder recent surveys place estate agents as the 'least liked professionals in the land'.

Bin Laden destroys lives...estate agents destroy souls... close call, you decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment